Fairfax Homes & Real Estate
Below you'll find the newest Fairfax, VA Homes for Sale listings! According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 24,067 people lived in Fairfax, Virginia, as of the 2020 Census. The county seat of Fairfax County is located in the town of Fairfax's neighboring city, the city of Fairfax, which is also located within Fairfax County. If you want more information on any Fairfax, VA real estate listings, just click on a property to access the full details. From there, you can request more information or schedule a tour. And we'd be happy to provide you with disclosures, past sales history, dates and prices of properties that have recently sold nearby, and more, so just let us know how we can help!
And, for your convenience, feel free to register for a free account to receive email alerts whenever new Fairfax City, VA listings come on the market that matches your specific criteria.
Homes for Sale in Fairfax VA
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Bright MLS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2023 Bright MLS. All rights reserved.
search today's new listings by beds/baths, home & lot size, listing status, days on market & more!
Fairfax Real Estate Search
Our Fairfax home listings are updated several times per day directly from the Fairfax, Virginia MLS. That guarantees that our listings are accurate and up to date, so you can be sure you are seeing the most current information available.
As entered by the listing agent in the Fairfax MLS, each property listing includes the property price, days on the market, square footage, year built lot size, bedrooms and bathrooms, assigned schools, and construction type. This information helps potential buyers to make informed decisions when purchasing a property. It also helps to give agents a better understanding of the property's market value and gives them an idea of what kind of buyers might be interested in the property.
The current listing status in Fairfax, VA, must also be reviewed (active, under contract, or pending). Property features such as greenbelt locations, views, swimming pools, and Fairfax neighborhood amenities like parks and golf courses will be listed as they become available. Knowing the listing status is essential because it will give you an idea of how competitive the market is and whether or not you will have to act quickly to secure the property. Knowing the property features will also help you make an informed decision about the property and ensure that you get the best deal possible.
Fairfax, Virginia, offers a variety of community amenities. Here are some examples:
- Parks and Trails: Fairfax has several parks and trails for outdoor recreation, including Fairfax City Park, Van Dyck Park, and Daniels Run Trail. The parks and trails offer playgrounds, picnic areas, sports facilities, and scenic views of the city and surrounding countryside. Additionally, the trails provide access to the area's natural beauty, such as the wetlands and woodlands of Fairfax.
- Cultural Attractions: Fairfax has several cultural attractions, such as George Mason University's Center for the Arts and the Fairfax Museum and Visitor Center. These attractions provide opportunities to explore the cultural heritage of Fairfax, as well as to experience a range of performances and exhibitions. They also offer educational resources and programming, such as lectures and workshops, to help visitors learn more about the history and culture of the area.
- Shopping and Dining: Fairfax has a range of shopping and dining options, including the Fairfax Corner shopping center, the Fair Oaks Mall, and the Mosaic District. With all these options, Fairfax has something to offer everyone. From the high-end stores at Fairfax Corner to the eclectic mix of restaurants in the Mosaic District, there is something for everyone's tastes.
- Community Centers: Fairfax has several community centers that offer recreational activities and classes, including the Fairfax City Community Center and the Fairfax County Government Center. These centers provide a variety of activities and resources for people of all ages, from arts and crafts classes to sports leagues and summer camps. They also offer various services, such as health screenings, job fairs, and support groups.
- Libraries: The Fairfax County Public Library has several branches throughout the city, including the Fairfax Regional Library, which offers a variety of resources and services. These services include books, magazines, newspapers, audiobooks, movies, and more. The library also provides computer access, meeting rooms, and classes to help patrons stay informed and engaged with their community.
- Public Transportation: Fairfax is served by several public transportation options, including the Washington Metro's Orange and Silver Line, the Fairfax Connector bus service, and the Virginia Railway Express commuter rail service. That makes it easy for residents to travel around the area or to commute to work in the District of Columbia. It also reduces the number of cars on the roads, which helps to reduce traffic congestion and pollution.
- Healthcare: Fairfax has several healthcare facilities, including Inova Fairfax Hospital, one of the largest hospitals in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. Inova Fairfax Hospital is a top-notch medical facility that offers a wide range of services, from emergency care to specialized treatments. It is also part of the Inova Health System, which has a regional network of hospitals, medical centers, and medical professionals.
Fairfax, Virginia, is served by the Fairfax County Public Schools (FCPS) system, one of the largest public school systems in the United States. Here is some general information about the FCPS:
- Number of Schools: The FCPS system has 198 schools, including 142 elementary schools, 24 middle schools, and 22 high schools.
- Student Population: The FCPS system serves over 189,000 students, making it the 10th largest school system in the United States.
- Student-Teacher Ratio: The average student-teacher ratio in FCPS schools is 14:1.
- Academic Performance: FCPS has a reputation for academic excellence, with a 92% graduation rate and a high percentage of college students.
- Programs: FCPS offers a variety of programs to meet the needs of its diverse student population, including special education programs, gifted and talented programs, and language immersion programs.
- Extracurricular Activities: FCPS has many extracurricular activities, including sports teams, music and drama programs, and clubs and organizations.
- Resources: FCPS has a solid commitment to technology, with many schools equipped with the latest technology tools to enhance learning, such as smart boards, tablets, and laptops.
These are just some general information about the FCPS system. For more specific information about schools in Fairfax, Virginia, including school ratings and enrollment information, you can visit the FCPS or other education-related websites.
Interested in buying a home in Fairfax? Whether you are looking to sell your current Fairfax property or purchase a new Fairfax home, our Fairfax real estate experts can help. We are local real estate agents who know the unique dynamics of the Fairfax, Virginia, real estate market. We have the experience and expertise to negotiate the best possible deal for Fairfax buyers and sellers. Our team of experienced agents will provide you with personalized service and answer any questions you might have about the local market. We can also provide you with insights and advice on making the most of the current market so that you can make the best decisions for your needs.
Find out more about Dell Residential's buyer and seller representation services. Selling your Fairfax home? Viewing our market analysis page, you can get a free home value estimate within moments. Dell Residential has a team of experienced agents who can help you get the best possible outcome when selling your home. They can advise you on pricing, marketing strategies, and negotiation. Plus, you can get a free home value estimate to get started.
Search Homes For Sale in Fairfax
Back to All Featured Communities