Leesburg Homes for Sale and Real Estate
See all Homes for Sale in Leesburg, VA, a Virginia town. You'll find various homes for sale in Leesburg, including historic homes in downtown and modern single-family homes, townhomes, and condos in the surrounding areas. Leesburg is 23 minutes from Dulles International Airport via VA-267 West and 48 minutes from The White House, 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20500 via I-66 W and VA-267 West.
Homes for Sale in Leesburg, VA
The accuracy of all information, regardless of source, including but not limited to open house information, square footages and lot sizes, is deemed reliable but not guaranteed and should be personally verified through personal inspection by and/or with the appropriate professionals. The data contained herein is copyrighted by Bright MLS and is protected by all applicable copyright laws. Any unauthorized dissemination of this information is in violation of copyright laws and is strictly prohibited.
Copyright 2023 Bright MLS. All rights reserved.
About Leesburg, VA
At its heart, Leesburg, Virginia, is a historic town established in 1758. During the War of 1812, it served as the temporary capital of the United States after the British attacked Washington, D.C. However, it is also a rapidly expanding town, with many new housing developments, such as Selma Estates and Lansdowne, springing up along its perimeters. Loudoun County is also headquartered in Leesburg, Virginia.
Leesburg, Virginia, is the seat of Loudoun County and a premier town in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. This Virginia town is full of history, preserved in its quaint downtown and wealth of historical points of interest. Downtown Leesburg is a bustling commercial center that boasts numerous restaurants, boutiques, professional services, and cultural venues housed in historic brick buildings. Another landmark area of Leesburg is the Ball's Bluff Battlefield Regional Park, commemorating the 1861 Battle of Ball's Bluff through guided tours, informative plaques and signs, and a cemetery dedicated to the fallen Union soldiers. Leesburg's historical points of interest complement its contemporary amenities, including Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and numerous town parks, allowing residents to enjoy various activities close to home.
Things to do in Leesburg
Downtown Leesburg features a variety of unique and interesting shops, many of which are located in historic row houses. A prominent feature of the downtown area is Leesburg's 1895 Greek Revival courthouse, which houses several county offices. The downtown area also has many historic tiny homes. It has been designated as the Leesburg Historic District.
Downtown has a variety of restaurants. An old grain mill from the late 1800s houses Tuscarora Mill, one of the most popular attractions. As a local favorite since 1985, Tuskies has served farm-to-table cuisine at its Leesburg, VA restaurant. Breweries and wineries abound here as well. There is a Leesburg Animal Park for kids, where they can meet a variety of farm and exotic animals.
With its small-town charm and proximity to the amenities of modern suburbia, Leesburg is especially popular with families who like living in a small town while also enjoying great shopping, like the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlet Mall, and dining options. The schools in this town are also highly rated.
Search TODAY's New Listings by beds/baths, home & lot size, listing status, days on the market & more!
Leesburg Community Amenities
- Parks: Leesburg has several parks where residents can enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, picnicking, and playing sports. Some popular parks include Ida Lee Park, Rust Nature Sanctuary, and Balls Bluff Regional Park. ----Community Centers: The Ida Lee Park Recreation Center is a popular destination for residents participating in fitness programs, classes, and events. The Loudoun County Public Library system has several branches throughout the town, providing residents access to books and other resources.
- Shopping and Dining: Leesburg has a variety of shopping centers and restaurants, including the Leesburg Corner Premium Outlets and the Village at Leesburg. Residents can enjoy various dining options, from casual to fine dining. ----Golf Courses: There are several golf courses in and around Leesburg, including the Raspberry Falls & Hunt Club, the Goose Creek Golf Club, and the Westpark Golf Club.
- Wineries: The Leesburg area is known for its wineries and vineyards. The site has several famous wineries, including the Stone Tower Winery and the Fabbioli Cellars.
- Historic Sites: Leesburg is a historic town with several sites of historical significance. These include the Morven Park Mansion, the Dodona Manor, and the Loudoun Museum.
- Sports and Recreation: Several sports and recreational activities are available in the Leesburg area. The Evergreen Sportsplex offers indoor and outdoor sports facilities, while the Cobb Village 12 Cinemas provides various movie options.
Search Leesburg VA Homes for Sale
Back to Loudoun County Homes for Sale
Back to All Featured Communities